Moving Nightmare
jfleming4185

For a week now I have been back and forth on the phone with Verizon trying to get my situation resolved.

Here is the situation I am moving at the end of the month from the South Bay area near Los Angeles to Northern Santa Barbara area. When attempting to move my services online several nearby apartments poped up but my exact apartment did not. Ok so i have to call, which i did.

Day 1, They are unable to find my new address anywhere in their computer system (despite the fact that several other apartments in the same community, same address save for the unit number show up). They ask that i call the landlords and see if the street address has recently changed... because that makes any sense...

New Landlords called, and they assure me that as long as they've been there it's been the same, but they call on my behalf to verizon to see if they can fix the situation. The landlord calls be back and says it is in their system you just have to give the building code before the street # otherwise it won't pop up.

Day 2, Call again, and again they cannot find it. And then they hang up on me.

Day 3, Call again, Still unable to find the specific apartment in their database however this time the customer service rep is actually trying to be helpful. For some reason every apartment in that building has fio's already set up, but that particular apartment is unavailible and they can't just move the services because of this. 

After several hours of being on hold and waiting for call backs they think they have it figured out, but what they'll have to do is stop my service at my current location, and start a new service at the new one. ... Not a big deal to me really as long as its the same service and i don't get charged any extra fees.

BUT oh wait, no 50/50 is not availible there you have to change to 25/5 or 30/5.... OK... if thats all thats offered i guess theres no way around that.... OH wait, the current plan has new customer discounts allowing it to be 34.99 for the first year and 44.99 the 2nd. This new plan i'm going to have to switch to (at much slower speeds) is going to cost twice as much per month... and theres nothing they can do to reduce that until it's all written up...

Not only all of this hoopla but they still havn't been able to get it set up for me to actually move any of it so i'm still waiting for a call back...

Please tell me someone else has had this nightmare and also has solutions!! 

0 Likes
Re: Moving Nightmare
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jfleming4185,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes