Moving and Early Termination Fee??
Thompson1

I am disconnecting service because we moved to area that was not serviced by Verizon FIOS, I was told when I went to the verizon store that the fee will be waived if the service is is not present in the area.

However when I was on the phone with customer service, they told me that there was going to be early termination cost! I have to disconnect the service not because I want to, but  because Verizon doesn't have services where I am at.

I was on call with customer service for 1 hr. The only response I got was I understand your situation but you still have to pay. I don't understand why I have to pay the fee, when one of their agents told me before I signed up I didn't have to... 

0 Likes
Re: Moving and Early Termination Fee??
VerizonHelpME2

The reps via the hotline are people paid to be drones. If they remove charges it counts as an incorrect order and it can get them fired. This company has horrible service and a supervisor tried to hang up on me while I was talking. My advice would be to go back to the verizon store that told you it would be waived, I don't think verizon customer service via phone or this board are willing to help you.

0 Likes
db909
Contributor - Level 3

Cell phone companies have done the same in the past.  You get a cheaper subsidized rate and/or a free phone for agreeing to pay them for a period of time (i.e. 2 years).  If you leave early regardless of reason, moving, someone else is offerring a better deal, they want that subsidy back.  You didn't have to sign up for that cheaper subsidized deal when you got service initially, but since YOU did, and YOU do not want to honor the contract, why are you suprised they want that money back?

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The person in the store gave you incorrect information either because they did not know or they were just trying to make a sale.

0 Likes