Moving to Internet Only. No Ethernet Runs in Home. Will my setup work?
Quikstar

I've looked online and can't find the answer. Hoping this could benefit others as well.

We want to move to internet only service, where we currently have both internet and cable tv. We have the typical setup everyone has where the ONT goes to Coaxial. We have an older home where coaxial is run throughout the home, there is not ethernet caable ran. I'm hoping we can use the current coaxial runs with the MOCA adapters get ethernet inside the home.  Currently the Coaxial is conencted into Verizon Fios router and Wifi is distributed throughout the home. The typical setups I've seen is enabling the ONT port for ethernet. However, what if we use the Coaxial port, and only use the MOCA bridge to the new router.  Could you let me know if my proposed setup works? 

Current Setup: 

ONT(Outside) --> Coaxial (Outside) --> Coaxial (Inside) --> Verizon Router --> Wifi

Proposed Setup

ONT (Outside) --> COAX (Outside) --> COAXIAL (Inside) --> MOCA Bridge --> Personal Router --> WiFi 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving to Internet Only. No Ethernet Runs in Home. Will my setup work?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Proposed setup will not work  MoCA WAN and LAN frequencies are different so you can't put a bridge in between the ONT and personal router. 

You have two options. Run ethernet to where you router is now.

Or 

Run ethernet to personal router from ONT directly inside. Then a LAN port can plug into a MoCA adapter then you would be able to feed that adapter into a coaxial splitter to be able to utilize the coax in the house for other adapters. 

View solution in original post

Re: Moving to Internet Only. No Ethernet Runs in Home. Will my setup work?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Proposed setup will not work  MoCA WAN and LAN frequencies are different so you can't put a bridge in between the ONT and personal router. 

You have two options. Run ethernet to where you router is now.

Or 

Run ethernet to personal router from ONT directly inside. Then a LAN port can plug into a MoCA adapter then you would be able to feed that adapter into a coaxial splitter to be able to utilize the coax in the house for other adapters.