Mt Vernon VA area
ONHOLDMUCH

So I took off Tuesday to get FIOS installed at our new house between 8am and noon.  The installation tech actually showed up at 830am which was a pleasant surprise.  The tech immediately started his routine by checking the coax outlets and the outside wiring.  The tech informed me that he will be installing a temp wire (like I know what he's talking about) and something something about a crossover later.

Anyways, The tech continues to do his installation and halfway through some contractors arrive.  The begin digging and picking up my bricks along the back fence (backyard is all brick) and discover that there is an underground line already.  They asked me to tell the tech about it and I did but the tech just ignored it.  So they haphazardly re-lay the bricks back down and leave the temp line above the brick.  I asked the tech what was going on and why they didn't bury it and he said that I should call Verizon and tell them to get another contractor out here because its not his responsibility to bury things.  So I call and I'm hold for an hour and a half...finally get someone to come out and do the crossover.  The tech finishes and I had to have him restaple some coax cords in the bedrooms with some attitude. 

It rains overnight.

Wednesday morning we wake up to no internet and no tv.  I called verizon again and on hold for another hour.  The guy shows me how to reboot my router and reset the battery pack.  The tv/internet comes back!  We leave for work.

It rains during the day.  Get a call that the cross-over to the underground wire is complete.

We come home to no internet and no tv.  I rebooted the router and reset the battery 92374927 times but to no avail.  I called verizon again and on hold for another hour.  The first tech I talked to was very understanding, walked me through the whole process of rebooting the router and resetting the battery.  I explained that verizon just came out to do the cross over and now nothing is working.  The guy said the first available tech would be Saturday.  REALLY????  ITS WEDNESDAY AND THEY WOULD LET A FIRST TIME CUSTOMER WAIT 3 DAYS????  So I asked him to cancel our service.  Guy transfers me to billing.  On hold for another 30 minutes.  Meantime my wife convinces me that we should give them a 3rd chance.  Get billing on the phone and tell them how much the service sucks but my wife wants to keep them.  Billing transfers me back to Tech Support.  On hold for another 30 minutes.  This tech support guy walks me through the same stuff the first tech guy did.  However, this guy is able to get a tech out to me on Thursday and someone has to be present in the house.

My wife takes off Thursday (two days wasted vacation combined for me and my wife not to mention all the wasted minutes on hold) and the tech fixes the crossover or box.  Not exactly sure what she did because she didn't explain anything to my wife.  Though she did mention that there was a ton of condensation somewhere and that she had to dump it which helped the connection.  OKAY????  So it's about 530pm and I'm on my way home ready to relax.  It's raining again.  My wife calls and the internet is out but the tv seems to be working.  I get home and reboot/reset everything and the best I get is an orange light for internet with no wan connectivity at all.  I call verizon again and on hold for another hour.  This guy walks me through the same process but this time he informs me that installation techs usually put the verizon and battery boxes inside the house (in a garage, laundry room etc etc).  So he's confused why the box is outside.  So he is going to send a tech out on Saturday..hopefully they'll relocate the box to a dryer place.

Woke up this morning and it hasn't rained all night.  Internet still out but I reboot/reset everything and it actually started working.  So pretty much whenever it rains..we are going to lose connectivity.  Seriously.  What kind of messed up stuff is this.  Now I have to cancel my weekend plans to wait for yet another Verizon tech which hopefully they will correct everything.  Hopefully this time without any attitude.  Where's the guy on the **bleep** FIOS commercials????

So angry.  I don't even get any compensation.  Where's my free stuff for having to put up with this?????

0 Likes
Re: Mt Vernon VA area
ONHOLDMUCH

Oh, I also forgot to mention that the installation tech drilled another hole in my wall for the outside verizon pack to reach the battery pack and boxes inside.  Removed some other wire there and left the unused hole open.  I killed two bees in the house Wednesday morning.  I go out in my yard Wednesday evening and notice another bee crawling into the hole.  Sprayed the hornet/bee killer in the hole and stuffed it closed.  My wife was home Thursday (waiting for the verizon tech) and killed three more bees.

Awesome.

0 Likes
ONHOLDMUCH

So here I am Saturday waiting for the Verizon tech to show up between 12-5.  I get a text at noon saying that a Verizon tech will be at the house before 9pm. Sounds like 12-5 to me!

So I'm bored out of my mind and doze off on the couch to be woken up by a phone call..barely missed it by one ring.  It was Verizon.  Of course I can't call back.  Check the time 2pm.  So I get on here to see what I can find out about the status.  As I'm clicking links I get another text 30 minutes later saying my problem has been resolved.  Seriously?  How do they know?  No one came inside to check.  Weren't they supposed to bring the box inside? 

Though in their defense..the tv and internet has been working all day kind of.  The internet is still spotty.  I try to get on xbox live and i'm good for 5 minutes and then the connection gives out.  What really makes me angry is that the tech never even knocked on the door.  I stayed home for nothing instead of doing some much needed errands.

This is such a great start to a wonderful business relationship.

❤️ 

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the brand, model, and version of this router?

For example: Actiontec, MI-424-WI, C.

0 Likes