Multi conductor wire powering ONT
EricG11

Currently renovating a home where the ONT was installed on the outside of the home with a mall section of multi conductor wire jammed through the wall and connected to a transformer and plugged into an outlet that was proudly displayed in the tv room like a piece of artwork (what an eye sore).  Have the walls opened up and looking to relocate the transformer to a more discrete location. 

The wire is a multi conductor cable with 2 18-gauge wires and 4 24-gauge wires. The two lower gauge provide the power and one of the higher gauge is used as a battery/signal wire. I cannot, for the life of me, find a similar wire which I can use to extend/replace the existing with. 

Has anyone run across this type of cable before or able to provide any guidance as to where I can find it or other replacement options??  Thank you in advance. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Multi conductor wire powering ONT
jonjones1
Legend

I am not an engineer, however your best bet is to call 1-800-VERIZON and have them send someone out to extend or move the unit where you want it to go.

those battery back up units, as well as the ONT and any cables etc. connected to it are the property of Verizon. They may charge you for damage to their equipment.

just let them move it. By the way Verizon may charge you for this service. So don’t be surprised.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Multi conductor wire powering ONT
jonjones1
Legend

I am not an engineer, however your best bet is to call 1-800-VERIZON and have them send someone out to extend or move the unit where you want it to go.

those battery back up units, as well as the ONT and any cables etc. connected to it are the property of Verizon. They may charge you for damage to their equipment.

just let them move it. By the way Verizon may charge you for this service. So don’t be surprised.

0 Likes