I have been a Verizon customer for over 50 years (landline). Issues come up - that is fine! Over the past 6 months, it has been attrocious.
1. My account is flagged for Cantonese. Whenever I contact Verizon, I only get a Chinese speaker. I have spent 6 MONTHS contacting Verizon to fix this to no avail.
2. I ordered Fios on July 23rd and was told I would be able to get the Chromebook because the deadline was the 25th. Now, I am being told that was incorrect.
3. FIOS was installed with a fauly ONT. It took 6 phone calls to convince someone to come out. I was then initially charged $15.00 for a new router even though i was informed that I wouldn't be charged as long as I returned the router within 30 days.
4. I was told that the fiber optic cable would be buried within 7-10 days. I have called Verizon 12 times - each time being told a ticket was activated and someone would call me back OR a date was set for a technician to bury the line. No one has ever called me back to install this and no one ever showed up on the date/time they were supposed to.
5. I was charged for the week that I didn't have any Internet. When I contacted the customer service agent and explaine the multiple phone calls I have had to make, they credited me $8.00.
I still have a fiber optic cord in my yard with no date to fix it. I still am unable to contact Verizon with out going through the hassle of convincing the individual I do not speak English.
I am not asking for anything much - simply to do what I signed up for. This is absolutely ridiculous and am so looking forward to the "we have excalated this issue, please check your E-mail" This has NOT WORKED for 6 months.
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.