Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Multiple computers on wifi

acudoc28
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple computers on wifi

Message 1 of 3
(3,321 Views)

I'm hosting a Fantasy Football on line draft at my house. How many computers will my home Fios wireless router support?  I could potentially have 10 different computers trying to access the internet at the same time.  Is that going to work?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
lasagna
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Multiple computers on wifi

Message 2 of 3
(3,313 Views)

A single access point can easily support 10 wireless connections.   Understand however that they are all sharing the same airspace, so 10 PC's means they each get a slice of the available bandwidth.     Really depends on how much data you're going to be pulling thru the network, but from a pure technical perspective you should be fine.

thegeek
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Multiple computers on wifi

Message 3 of 3
(3,185 Views)

There are 50 IP's reserved in the firmware for set top boxes on the coax lan, so on a class C subnet that leaves roughly 200 IP addresses to be used, four wired lan ports on the router plus any wireless up to the limit. Ditto what lasagna said re sharing the lan bandwidth

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.