Switch Account

My MI1424WR router is no longer handing out DHCP on wired ports/connections.

My MI1424WR router is no longer handing out DHCP on wired ports/connections.

SOLVED
Contributor AirBoss
Contributor

My MI1424WR router is no longer handing out DHCP on wired ports/connections. (Wireless does do DHCP.) Need a replacement router.

3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Just give Verizon a call and let them know the router has gone bad. They should have no problem sending you another router, especially if it's a Gen1 (Rev. D or older) unit which were nutorious for the failed Wired ports.

Contributor AirBoss
Contributor

Port link light is lit, but choice of an alternate wired port did work, so it's unclear what is driving the issue.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Likely the failing/dead switch port situation as seen in the past with Rev. D and older models. Some folks have found that by going to 10Mbps Half Duplex the port will start working again, granted at a lower speed, but from that point two things will either happen. 1: The switch and eventually the router will fail, or 2: It will remain broken like that and you'll just have a bad port. Glad to hear you did find another working port for the time being!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.