My Panasonic SC-HC57 compact stereo system can't see my wifi network
Roots1

I have an Actiontec MI424-WR router ver C.

I can succesfully connect other wifi-enabled devices (iPhone, iPod, Android phone, laptop), but not the Panasonic SC-HC57 stereo I bought my wife.  The stereo is Airplay-enabled, which I want to use for wireless play back from my iPod's  and PC's iTunes library, and Internet radio.

Using my iPod Touch, I can access the settings on the stereo (the stereo can act as a router and broadcast its own signal).  However, the stereo cannot see my home network.  I took the stereo to work, and it was immediately able to see several wifi networks there and connect to them.  Just not at my house...

I tried to manually configure the stereo to point it to my home network, but to no avail (connection attempts fail after timeout).  The stereo and router have been no more than 6 feet apart, and in some cases less than 2 feet with a direct lien of sight.   we use most of our wifi-enabled devices several rooms away without issues.

I logged into my router and changed from WEP to WPA2-psk and repeated, but this did not help.  I have attempted to connect manually many times and each time I have made extra-triple-sure that all case-sensitive text (network name and password) was entered correctly.

My router is set to mixed mode (802.11b and 802.11g).  Stereo supposedly works on 802.11b.  Router is set to broadcast SSID.  I tried to ping the stereo, which failed.

So far, I've spent about 10 hours on this issue without resoution, including 2 hours on Verizon chat and 2 phone calls to Panasonic customer service.  Verizon blames Panasonic becasue the network is functional.  Panasonic blames Verizon because stereo can find work wifi networks, and I am stuck in the middle and pushing the limits of my IT and network knowledge.  any additional tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: My Panasonic SC-HC57 compact stereo system can't see my wifi network
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Roots,

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try using WPA2-PSK AES security as the Wireless Security, and force the router to Wireless G-only mode. Most devices tend to play better with these settings, and you get better performance of out things as well.

0 Likes