Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

My Router Has either no light for the Internet(globe) or has a Amber/orange light. Pls help

direblack
Contributor
Contributor

My Router Has either no light for the Internet(globe) or has a Amber/orange light. Pls help

Message 1 of 5
(11,172 Views)

when I have no light at all it will say coax status: Disconnected even though I have it plugged in.

when I have the orange/Amber lights, it will say coax status Connecting, it will stay that way, when I go into network connections with the Amber/ orange lights

it will be like one life these and they will switch automatically 

network- connected

broadband connection- connected

wan PPPoE- connecting

It will automatically switch to this

netowrk- connected

broadband connection- waiting for dhcp lease

wan PPPoE- disconnected

i have no ip when I go into broadband connection settings

i have already tried resetting my router

and all the basic stuff.

with no internet light I wan coax also has no light

4 REPLIES 4
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: My Router Has either no light for the Internet(globe) or has a Amber/orange light. Pls help

Message 2 of 5
(11,138 Views)

What is the status of the lights on your ont?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
direblack
Contributor
Contributor

Re: My Router Has either no light for the Internet(globe) or has a Amber/orange light. Pls help

Message 3 of 5
(11,124 Views)

Current status no internet light, only lights that are on are power, wifi and lab coax

viafax999
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 5
(11,003 Views)

@direblack wrote:

Current status no internet light, only lights that are on are power, wifi and lab coax

reboot the ont.

disconnect the battery backup and disconnect the power connection.  wait a couple of minutes and reconnect them both.

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 5
(11,000 Views)

The status lights you gave were for your router.

Try the reboot as listed above.

If that doesn't work, go to your ONT (big box where your coax terminates) and check the status lights inside.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title