Re: Amazon video streaming my TY states "insufficient bandwidth" and fails to stream
Stonehs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem and managed to fix it. 

The problem:  Amazon prime video stream does not work on my smart DVD wifi.  It reports insufficient bandwidth.  It used to work.  Nothing in the equipment configuration changed.  Netflix streaming does work.

My fix:  I changed my plan from 50/50 FIOS to 75/75 FIOS ($2 less expensive per month for the new plan for the next two years)  Verizon sent me a new settop box for the higher bandwidth.  After replacing the former STB with the new one, Amazon prime video now works just fine. 

Note:  Some forum comments suggest that going to the new plan did not work for them. 

Although the new STB solved my problem, there may be other factors.  For example, Verizon is not required to be network neutral anymore.  When I watched Amazon Prime video successfully on old equipment, Verizon was network neutral.  When the old equipment no longer worked for me, Verizon was not network neutral.  So this could account for the problem, but I have no factual confirmation that this is the case.  There may be other factors.  If you upgrade to 75/75, you may still not succeed in getting Amazon Prime video to work successfully.

Re: My TV states "insufficient bandwidth" when trying to stream an Amazon movie
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes