My agreed $35/month deal was not honored, 1 month after installation.
vhn0

I've been a loyal Verizon customer for the past 10+ years.  I've had Verizon High Speed (1mbps) during that time.  For the past year, I have been receiving countless letters and ads asking for me to upgrade to FiOS internet, since much of my neighborhood had made the transition.  I was told that the cost of maintaining the old lines was significant for the company.  I had been receiving deals from anywhere between $35-$45/month for both FiOS internet+Digital Voice.

I finally agreed to upgrade in June.  I called customer service and requested to simultaneously upgrade to FiOS 25/25mbps (internet only), as well as cancel my phone service, seeing as how I wasn't using the landline much (nor did I want the multiple associated taxes).  After discussing with the rep, who was a very friendly gentleman, he managed to activate enough discounts to bring it down to a total bill of $34.99/month, with no other fees/taxes.  This was a verbal agreement. Although I was not emailed an invoice, I called back shortly after to confirm the price.  A week later, I had the FiOS installed and the phone line disconnected.  Everything worked perfectly, and I was getting a solid 25/25 up/down at all hours.  

Later on in July, I received a surprising $130 bill.  Details showed that my FiOS internet was not $34.99, but rather $74.99 which was basically a full sticker price.  I called back, and after multiple attempts, I was able to reach the person in charge of my case.  She told me that my agreed price was invalid, because the moment that I decided to cancel my landline, I had lost all discounts that brought my price down to $34.99/month.  She had even admitted that this issue was not foreseen, and that there was nothing else she could do for me, other than fix my first bill.  I am very frustrated, because I only decided to upgrade because of this attractive deal that Verizon had offered me.  

I cannot handle $74.99/month, nor would I have ever agreed to this price.  Can they even legally charge me a price that I never agreed to?  Can someone point to me how I should proceed this issue?  

0 Likes
Re: My agreed $35/month deal was not honored, 1 month after installation.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi vhn0,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes