Switch Account

My internet connection keeps switching on and off, even though router is next to desktop computer.

My internet connection keeps switching on and off, even though router is next to desktop computer.

Contributor GringoPinolero
Contributor

My FIOS router is right next to my desktop computer, but when I try to connect, one second it's ON, and the next second it's "Wifi: Looking for Networks." It seem reluctant to get connected and stay connected.

1 REPLY 1
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

@GringoPinolero wrote:

My FIOS router is right next to my desktop computer, but when I try to connect, one second it's ON, and the next second it's "Wifi: Looking for Networks." It seem reluctant to get connected and stay connected.

If it’s right next to your router, why are you using WiFi ?

use direct ethernet to the router from the desktop. You do have a NIC on the desktop?

or are you using a WiFi device attached to an available USB port?

usually clearing the WiFi connections on the computer and letting the computer rescan for WiFi results in a fresh connection.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.