My internet is slow I'm disconnecting
melboogz

no one at verizon seems to know what they are doing supervisors technicians this is crazy i pay for 50 over 50 im getting 9 download and 14 upload your coporate headquarters better handle this level 3 communications can not support customers I am recording my speeds everyday I am filinf a complaint with fcc and the better buisness bureau and a complaint through my congressman I know what the issue is and you guys can't seem to fix it credit me my money I will pay for what I use and leave to cablevision.

0 Likes
Re: My internet is slow I'm disconnecting
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI, you're talking to other customers here.  If you want to talk to Verizon, you need to call or chat with them.

Verizon doesn't guarantee speeds over WiFi.  In fact, if you read the contract, they really don't guarantee any speeds.

That said, if you're not getting your provisioned speeds when using Ethernet and Verizon's speed test site, they should work on that.  Keep pressing them by showing the the measured speed on their site.  My suggestion is to stay polite and calm; angry words and raised voices don't get people on your side.

If you are using WiFI and want help improving WiFI speed, post back with some details.  There are lots of helpful folks here who may offer you some suggestions.  But remember that we are other customers just like you who volunteer to help.  We only know what you tell us, so be sure to include all relevant details.

However, if all you wanted to do was rant at Verizon consider that done.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
melboogz

Its not over wifi I am a computer technician and I have already traced the issue and it loeads back to their backbone level 3 communications my goal is to file through the fcc I am hardwired I am not using wifi one device hardwired with tracert and wireshark packet dumps to prove my point.

0 Likes
FatherMadman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sadly VZ FiOS support is clueless on how to handle all the calls they are getting due to how the so called leadership is sending them information to tell us. Then you have the people that fill the seats in the call centers that just don't care for whatever the reason is.

Here in Northern VA ths is about the 4th time this has happened in the 5 years I've had FiOS. I use to spend my time calling but after a while I got tired of the constant ignorance and lack of anyone really caring about my issue. FiOS is better than Comcast and don't get me started about DirecTV. It really got bad after the summer of 2012 after the derecho that came through and caused a good bit of damage. I'm not stating this for VZ FiOS or other ISPs to use this as an excuse because I'm sure they will. Also the stupidity and greed secreting out of VZ is nauseating as they purposely ignore and/or create the problem over streaming content from services such as Netflix.

If I thought complaining to the FCC would actually do something I would. But realistically FCC has no real power and the fines and restrictions it sets on a company like Verizon means nothing to them as the small loss in their bottom line isn't seriously hindered.

I'm in IT and deal with networking everyday among my other duties/skills/tasks in my job and everybody going on and on about DNS issues and such are so far off base it is almost comedy until I realize they are serious and actually believe it. Most of the issues are resolved when using a VPN service but still get some hiccups due to crap happening on VZ's network from improper configuration and poor network optimization and then the bottlenecks they purposely create due to greed and/or stupidity with the interconnects for services such as AWS, Netflix, and others.

Sadly I see it getting worse before it gets better.......

0 Likes
melboogz

im going to request a technician everytime and have my bill credited it cost 300 dollars to roll out a tech so ill have one roilled out at lease 5 times a month 1500 a month someone will noticed I worked for other cable company they hate to roll trucks because of the cost.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi melboogz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes