Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

My next door neighbor can get fios but i cant?

SOLVED
Smarties
Contributor
Contributor

My next door neighbor can get fios but i cant?

Message 1 of 4
(787 Views)

So for several years I have been checking and rechecking FIOS availability while my neighborhood is being built.   I watched as the Verizon trucks came in and laid conduit through peoples yards, causing quite a stir, and neighbors around me all getting hooked up for service.  Current, what appears to be 75%, of my neighborhood is hooked up for FIOS internet/TV but i'm still not able to get it.  The house right next door, 10" away, can get it.   I have done spot checking and it seems that only a line of houses in my hood can't get it.  I have conduit laid to the juncion box, installed it when the house was built, but still, no glass for FIOS.   What do I need to do to get someone to just look over my case and tell me why?  Doesn't make sense.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: My next door neighbor can get fios but i cant?

Message 2 of 4
(711 Views)

Have you tried to contact support (I800Verizon or twitter @verizonsupport) to see if they can provide service?

Do you have Verizon phone (not cell) service?

I have heard that sometimes ordering phone service can get things rolling to start FIOS (they don't want to run copper)

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 2 of 4
(712 Views)

Have you tried to contact support (I800Verizon or twitter @verizonsupport) to see if they can provide service?

I have heard that sometimes ordering phone service can get things rolling to start FIOS (they don't want to run copper)

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

View solution in original post

Aahmed
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(208 Views)

Having exactly same problem, literally next door has but not me 

@CRobGauth wrote:

LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Message 4 of 4
(203 Views)

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.