My own router, VOD and motorola ont1500gt
Ildar1

Hello, I just got FIOS (internet 75/35 and TV extreme). But for my business I need to use my own router so i need to activate ethernet port in the ONT. But as I know after that I can lose some TV services, like VOD.

Can I connect my router to the ethernet port in the ONT and connect WAN port of verizon router (VR) to a LAN port of my router?

Can I activate ethernet port by myselt or I need to request workers come to me?

Second, now I have 75/35 but on the internet i see(http://youtu.be/9qAyc-PK_oQ) people who have 300/65 and they get motorola ont1500gt. (i got regular alcatel ONT). If I would to upgrade my plan to 150/65 or 300/65 will i get the new motorola ont1500gt? I am asking because if I can not use my own router with the alcatel ONT then maube I can do that with the motorola ONT?

Thank you. Sorry for the mistakes 🙂

0 Likes
Re: My own router, VOD and motorola ont1500gt
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@Ildar wrote:

Hello, I just got FIOS (internet 75/35 and TV extreme). But for my business I need to use my own router so i need to activate ethernet port in the ONT. But as I know after that I can lose some TV services, like VOD.

Can I connect my router to the ethernet port in the ONT and connect WAN port of verizon router (VR) to a LAN port of my router?

Can I activate ethernet port by myselt or I need to request workers come to me?

Second, now I have 75/35 but on the internet i see(http://youtu.be/9qAyc-PK_oQ) people who have 300/65 and they get motorola ont1500gt. (i got regular alcatel ONT). If I would to upgrade my plan to 150/65 or 300/65 will i get the new motorola ont1500gt? I am asking because if I can not use my own router with the alcatel ONT then maube I can do that with the motorola ONT?

Thank you. Sorry for the mistakes 🙂

This guide should help you set this up. 

In general you can run the ethernet yourself (Free) or have Verizon come out and run Ethernet (pay)

After the ethernet is run, you can either open a live chat or call verizon at 1-800 Verizon and talk with technical support to activate the ethernet port.

There are a number of ONT's that do the 75/35 plan, and also a number of them that do the 150 and higher speed plans, so do you know which ONT model you have?  All the 100+ mb plans require the GPON ONT's. 

0 Likes
Ildar1

Yeah, thank you. They did that.

Now my ping is 5. Was 10-16. VOD is working too. But as i understood, VOD works through router.

My ONT is 0-211M-H.

And one more question. Why i can not choose FIOS internet 300/65 and TV on verizon.com? Only 300/65 internet or TV/with slow internet.

Thank you.

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Ildar wrote:

Yeah, thank you. They did that.

Now my ping is 5. Was 10-16. VOD is working too. But as i understood, VOD works through router.

My ONT is 0-211M-H.

And one more question. Why i can not choose FIOS internet 300/65 and TV on verizon.com? Only 300/65 internet or TV/with slow internet.

Thank you.

Hello,

When ordering (online, over the phone, or in person), you can choose FiOS Quantum Internet 300/65 Mbps and any FiOS TV plan, if that speed is available at your address.  There are just no bundled savings with that TV/Internet plan combination.  

The Double-Play or Triple-Play (with Digital Phone) bundled savings are available from the 3/1 Mbps Internet up to the FiOS Quantum Internet 150/65 Mbps speed.

If ordering online, to customize your TV/Internet/Telephone plans (build your own bundle), the link is:  

https://www22.verizon.com/FORYOURHOME/GOFLOW/OrderNew/BuildBundle.aspx

Hope this helps!

0 Likes