My videos have gotten slower
narudigi32

Hello, a few days ago I had the triple removed from Optimum to be replaced by Verizon. The only really thing that bothers me is that videos take more time to load. With optimum I just played the video and it will on take 3 seconds to load. As for Verizon it takes me about 10 minutes to load that same video.

0 Likes
Re: My videos have gotten slower
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@narudigi32 wrote:

Hello, a few days ago I had the triple removed from Optimum to be replaced by Verizon. The only really thing that bothers me is that videos take more time to load. With optimum I just played the video and it will on take 3 seconds to load. As for Verizon it takes me about 10 minutes to load that same video.

What speed was your internet offering on cable?  and what speed did you sign up for on Fios?

Did you run the fios optimzer?

prisaz
Legend

@narudigi32 wrote:

Which Videos, are we talking Video On Demand?

I have never seen a video of any type take that long with FiOS. There could be an issue with your Internet connection. The VOD comes over IP and through the router

What Verizon services do you have now, and did they connect Optimum and Verizon on the same coax? That is a big no no, and will cause tons of problems if Optimum is still connected. Verizon must be totally seperate from any other service.

Please provide more detail, because what you are seeing should not happen.

silvabbcake

i am having the same problem which is why i logged on here for help ;[

0 Likes