MyFios TV App with Google Wifi
KG4747

Hi All -

I've spent hours reading through forums, and haven't found an answer to the following.

I would like to run a Google mesh network and still have the option to stream on the MyFios TV App.  Currently, I have a station (TV Japan) that can only be watched at home.  If I don’t use the gateway wifi, the MyFios App says: "Channel unavailable for streaming.  Availability is determined by device location or connectivity with Fios router.")

I have both an ethernet and coax cable coming from the ONT.  My internet seems to be powered by ethenet.  The coax cable runs to the coax hub.

One solution proposed is to:

ONT ethernet -> Google wifi -> switch -> Fios gateway.

ONT coax -> coax hub -> gateway

STB coax -> coax hub

STB ethernet -> switch

Does anyone know if this would allow me to stream videos from the STB to my phone?  I feel like there was uncertainty about this solution on the forums.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MyFios TV App with Google Wifi
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios?

Section 3.1 should assist you. Or ask your technical question on the forum.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios?

Section 3.1 should assist you. Or ask your technical question on the forum.

0 Likes
General2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know this is old, but I have only been able to come up with one workaround for my setup and I only gain out of home access to my verizon TV App.

1.  ONT ethernet - Verizon Router WAN

2.  Verizon Router LAN to google Mesh WAN

3.  Google Mesh LAN to switch(and wifi) for home network.

4.  Configure verizon router to be in bridge mode.

5.  Temporarily turn on wifi on verizon router when connecting a new device to my network. 

6.  After confirming device is recognized by DVR, turn off verizon wifi.

at this point, your phone will alway sbe out of home status because you are not connecting to your verizon wifi.  you lose the in home capabilities like ON DEMAND features.  I only use it to watch my DVR shows so I am not sure what else you lose.  Also, some shows licenses do not allow out of home watching of the DVR.  Rare, but it happens.

It is the closest I have come to being able to use my TV app when using google mesh.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes