MyFios app "SSL Certificate error" and also Web "We encountered an error"
Rictus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been using Fios service for about a week now and been getting "SSL certificate" error with the MyFios app trying to use the Internet management functions, and a similar error trying to connect via the web on MacOS with Chrome and Safari browsers: "We encountered an error while processing your request. Please try again later."

After abysmal phone help, they suggested:
"please log out/ into the app and advise if you're still experiencing this issue."

Which I did and had done numerous times, and deleted app, reinstalled, turned off fingerprint login, etc. Still the same problem.

Now, in the inimitable style of Verizon help, I am being ghosted - not a peep.

Of course they already charged me for my 1st month online. THAT always works for some reason.

Tags (1)
Re: MyFios app "SSL Certificate error" and also Web "We encountered an error"
Infuriated1

Did you solve this? I am having the same issue!

0 Likes
Xconnect

I also have the same issue.

0 Likes
Maaarrkkk

I am also getting this same error in both places and tech support has not been helpful. In fact they told me, after three hours, that they don't know how to fix it. 

0 Likes
pshopPrincess

Hello, I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a fix?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Mike811

I have had this same issue for the past 2 years and was offered no resolve. And now they just updated my router with SON (self organization network)  instead having 5g and 2.4 it is now just one option and automatically prioritizes which one you use. SON greatly slowed down my wireless connection. The fios app is broken and offers ZERO management options because of errors. The only thing I use it for is to see if my bill changes at all. 

0 Likes
circa2018
Enthusiast - Level 1

It looks like this SSL certificate error is back. Anyone getting the same error? Mar2023

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes