NEED HELP! Fios Quantum Gateway Router and XBOX ONE
toddzillainla

when i installed the new quantum gateway both my xbox ones nat type turned to strict and moderate, what settings do i need to change so they can both say Nat Type: Open in the CALL OF DUTY ADVANCED WARFARE multiplayer / xbox live / lobby screen

thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NEED HELP! Fios Quantum Gateway Router and XBOX ONE
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Log into the Quantum Gateway and look for UPnP settings. Since you have two Xboxes you will want to make sure UPnP is on. Port forwarding is often limited to forwarding for just one console.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi you need to do two things

Step 1: You have to program the router with port forwarding rules for your xbox one specifically

See instructions here Network Settings on Xbox One - Xbox Support

Step 2: You have to program the router with port forwarding rules for your CoD AW

see instructions here: ports used for Call of Duty games.

if you're not terribly familiar with port forwarding, then there are some good guides online including some youtube video's.

You might not technically find a whole lot on the quantum gateway router specifically, but its identical programming as compared to the Actiontec REV I router

This site has the specific ports that the xbox wants

Getting Configured: A guide to configuring your NAT settings.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Log into the Quantum Gateway and look for UPnP settings. Since you have two Xboxes you will want to make sure UPnP is on. Port forwarding is often limited to forwarding for just one console.

0 Likes
toddzillainla

i have all the ports forwarded for one, i have the other one set to dmz and upnp is clicked on. which ever xbox turns on first is the one that has open nat on the call of duty advanced warfare multyplayer xbox live lobby screen

do i need to buy a router from netgear or asus and just use the fios gateway as a pass through?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is normal, as you cannot forward a port (automatically or manually) to two devices at once. As long as UPnP is on, the other console should receive moderate NAT which should be more than sufficient for playing games on. You may not be able to be lobby leader, but the games will work.

I would also disable DMZ. That defeats the purpose of UPnP.

0 Likes
toddzillainla

so theres no way to have them both open at the same time?

if both xbox are on at the same time, it takes a bunch of tries before the other one can join and once both xbox are in the same lobby the one that is moderate cant hear half the players and none of the other players can hear the moderate xbox

0 Likes