NEVER USE FIOS I will be canceling my account
atantekeier
Enthusiast - Level 3
Jan 29 15:08:18 2012System LogWAN CoaxWAN Coax Link Up
Jan 29 15:08:12 2012System LogWAN CoaxWAN Coax Link Down
Jan 29 15:08:01 2012System LogWAN CoaxWAN Coax Link Up
Jan 29 15:07:54 2012System LogWAN CoaxWAN Coax Link Down
Jan 29 15:06:45 2012System LogWAN CoaxWAN Coax Link Rate <TX 237Mbps/RX 241Mbps>
Jan 29 15:06:41 2012System LogLAN DHCPDHCP LAN Connection IP:192.168.1.12, DNS:192.168.1.1, GTW:192.168.1.1,Subnet:255.255.255.0 (Wireless)
Jan 29 15:05:58 2012System LogWAN DHCPDHCP WAN connection IP:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,DNS:68.238.64.12 68.238.96.12 ,GTW:173.51.178.1,Subnet:255.255.255.0 (WAN MoCA)
Jan 29 15:05:58 2012System LogWAN CoaxWAN Coax Link Up
Jan 29 15:05:49 2012System LogWAN CoaxWAN Coax Link Down
Jan 29 15:05:23 2012System LogWAN CoaxWAN Coax Link Rate <TX 235Mbps/RX 241Mbps>
Jan 29 15:04:38 2012System LogWAN CoaxWAN Coax Link Up
Jan 29 15:04:31 2012System LogWAN CoaxWAN Coax Link Down

At 12am in the morning they say I have too many things connected, even when I say Im the only one on the router.

Send  a new router, no fix, replace ONT, no fix, replace cables no fix. So yes dont use Fios is you are looking into it. I will be telling everyone I know to never get Fios.

Re: NEVER USE FIOS I will be canceling my account
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you consider the fact that you can have your service connected via CAT5/CAT6 cable rather than via MoCa for Internet? As far as I know that's been more reliable and problem-free. Never heard a problem that wasn't due to a cable fault with such a connection.
JPY2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me too!  Non-existent customer service spouting pre-programmed robotic lines who are only trained to upsell services and/or transfer you to another agent who lacks the authority to do anything except upsell and/or transfer you.  They also have a severe lack of integrity and do not honor their words.

PistolPete13
Enthusiast - Level 3

As a new FiOS customer, it's very disturbing to read all these reports.  Hopefully some VZ higher ups are aware of these complaints and are working on improving things.

It's a shame because I find the service and performance great when everything is working properly...

prisaz
Legend

@Smith6612 wrote:

Did you consider the fact that you can have your service connected via CAT5/CAT6 cable rather than via MoCa for Internet? As far as I know that's been more reliable and problem-free. Never heard a problem that wasn't due to a cable fault with such a connection.

The op said Router, ONT, and Cables. But there was not one mention of a possible bad splitter, or a STB that could be killing the connection. Trouble shooting 101. Disconnect everything from the splitter one by one until the problem stops, and then that is the cable or connection with the problem.

If all that is connected is the cable to the router, computer, splitter, and ONT, I would say that the computer could be loaded up with viruses and or malware. This could cause so much traffic, and so many connections to the Internet spewing garbage, that the router will drop when the NAT table fills. Even with Ethernet.

Try the network trouble shooting above, and then look at the computer hardware.

My FiOS is the best and has not failed in more than six or seven years. I have always been on Ethernet. I was one of the first users. I am still here, and have no plans on going anywhere else.

atantekeier
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am currently and have always been connected right to the router through a CAT6 ethernet cable, but if still happens. after 2 new routers, and a tech comming out and saying "everything looks good" of course it looks good, it is RANDOM disconnects, its not going to happen in the 20 min that he is here. 

There is something wrong, Its disconnecting... if it wasnt  why the hell would I bother spending all the time for them to come out and look at everyting.........

Then they actually want me to pay for the ONT replacment.................................................................................

i can't believe this is actually how they work, I will be telling everyone I know that had fios to cancel and nver use it again. There are already a few that are going to be dropping verizon.

I hope people thinking about getting fios read this and come to their senses..

0 Likes
atantekeier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also I have no viruses on my computer, and when the verizon tech came and looked at the system he said that it was not due to too much traffic

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@atantekeier wrote:

I am currently and have always been connected right to the router through a CAT6 ethernet cable, but if still happens. after 2 new routers, and a tech comming out and saying "everything looks good" of course it looks good, it is RANDOM disconnects, its not going to happen in the 20 min that he is here. 

There is something wrong, Its disconnecting... if it wasnt  why the hell would I bother spending all the time for them to come out and look at everyting.........

Then they actually want me to pay for the ONT replacment.................................................................................

i can't believe this is actually how they work, I will be telling everyone I know that had fios to cancel and nver use it again. There are already a few that are going to be dropping verizon.

I hope people thinking about getting fios read this and come to their senses..

I believe they were referring to the connection from the ONT to the router, not from the router to your pc. It's kind of a pain to get Verizon to turn on the ethernet port at the router, but could still be worth it.

atantekeier
Enthusiast - Level 3

But if the problem is the ONT how would that help? They told me the only other option was to replace the ONT and its a very expensive thing to do, because they want me to pay for it.....

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@atantekeier wrote:

But if the problem is the ONT how would that help? They told me the only other option was to replace the ONT and its a very expensive thing to do, because they want me to pay for it.....

I am in agreement with somegirl. have an Ethernet cable run from the ONT to the router WAN, and the call tech support to have them switch it over to Ethernet. It used to be a no brainer, but then they started wanting a repair order so they could track who had what, and what was changed when. Not that they do.Smiley Frustrated They may or may not switch it right away like they used to do, but make you wait. I have heard of it both ways.

The internet when it is transmitted to the router WAM used MOCA, so switching it to Ethernet may help if it is a MOCA issue. But if it is not, and you have the same issue with Etherner, I would say they would owe you a new ONT. Like if a STB went bad, would you pay for service if you could not use it?

Also if you have a bad ONT, the ONT is their property just the same as a STB or DVR. The only disposable item is the battery after your service has been in for I believe a year. If you have a bad ONT they will replace it, but it must be bad. Diagnostics can usually spot issues with the ONT.

I just passed your issue over to some other Verizon Employees, let us see if they can work wonders for you. Something is just not right here. It may not be right away, but perhaps they will contact you soon. You will probably get a private message from Verizon, and be requested to provide information. Look for a new message under the search button at the top right. Most of the time Verizon will post here prior to sending you the message.

0 Likes