NEW CUSTOMER WITH INTERMITTENT SERVICE - IN NEED OF ADVICE
done12many2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me preface this post by stating that I am a new Verizon Customer, as of a few weeks ago.  I've really enjoyed my Verizon FiOS services, which consist of the Verizon Triple Play with the upgraded 35/35 internet package.  I have wanted the service for quite a while, but it was not available to me until I moved to VA.

With that said, I am asking for some help in diagnosing the following issues that have plagued me for the last two days going on a third.

11/23 (Wednesday):  Data stops working.  No "Internet" or "WAN Coax" lights on router.  Chat with Verizon Support online who walks me through a reboot followed by a reset/restore of router, neither of which, work.  He then schedules a technician for the following day.

11/24 (Thursday): 

10:30 am - Technician arrives and gets cracking on the problem.  After a short time, he determines the modem needs to be replaced.  He swaps it out for another and data is restored.

1:30 pm - Data fails again.  This time my "Internet" light is orange and the "WAN Coax" light is green as normal.  I contact Verizon Support, via telephone, and he walks me through the entire reboot followed by reset/restore of router again.  This does not work.  He ends up remotely restarting my ONT, which gets my service working again.

3:30 pm - While on the phone with family, my call was disconnected abruptly.  I go into my office to see the "Internet" light is orange again.  I call Verizon Support and am once again run through the entire reboot/reset process.  This does not work.  Instead of the remote reboot, she walks me through manually rebooting the ONT by unplugging the power and battery.  The service is restore and working correctly again.  Regardless, she still scheduled a technician for the next day.

11/25 (Friday):

10:15 am - Technician arrives.  I describe the intermittent issue occurring since his visit the day before and he proceeds to replacing the ONT.  He even replaced the coax cable from splitter all the way to the modem.  He cleaned up the slack in all the original wires and really took his time trying to make sure everything was good.  I was really confident that this was a done deal.

8:00 pm - Really bad failure this time.  FiOS internet, telephone, and TV all fail.  I got on the phone with Verizon Support and after explaining the whole story, she was nice enough to not waste my time with a router reboot.  She read through my log of support calls and service visits and automatically scheduled a technician for tomorrow.  We'll see what happens next.

Since getting off the phone with support, I manually rebooted the ONT and all services are restored.  Hopefully this will tie me over until morning.

I've read a number of threads on this forum and have noticed that there are some pretty sharp guys and gals here who seem to be able to successfully trouble shoot these types of problems without ever being there.  I am hoping this post falls into that category.  I really want this fixed and do not feel like losing FiOS in the pursuit of consistent service.  Any help that any of you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Re: NEW CUSTOMER WITH INTERMITTENT SERVICE - IN NEED OF ADVICE
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Dewarwd,
Sorry to hear you have had repeat trouble. You mentioned a field tech was coming back out that should of happened Sat.  If you are still having an issue since that visit let us know.  I have sent you a private message to assist further.

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: NEW CUSTOMER WITH INTERMITTENT SERVICE - IN NEED OF ADVICE
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

When your FiOS services were down, did you take a look at the ONT's Status lights? They might clue into the problem a bit more. At this point it sounds like a signal issue with the Fiber. The next time your Service goes down, try to get the lights on the ONT and what they are doing (Color, blinking, on/off?).

0 Likes