NIM100/FIOS/TIVO
LSUSaints

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out.  I just bought a NIM100 to hook up to my TIVO since my router is too far for a decent wireless signal.  I have the  NIM hooked up to my TIVO, but it is still taking forever to download my shows to computer.  Here is my setup:

- ONT to splitter in attic via coax

- coax in computer room to Actiontec MI424WR router

- ethernet from Actiontec to computer

- coax to NIM100 to TIVO

- ethernet from NIM100 to TIVO

I tried hooking up a separate laptop to the NIM100 directly to get on the internet and it would not work.  My connection fails.  I even changed my IP address to 169.254.1.100 and subnet 255.255.255.0 and nothing works.  My tivo says it is connected via ethernet.  Everything takes forever to do.

Can anyone help. Thanks.

LSUSaints

Message Edited by LSUSaints on 02-16-2009 07:24 PM
0 Likes
Re: NIM100/FIOS/TIVO
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
Basically it's a no-brainer.  You split the coax signal with a good splitter.  One coax goes to the tivo, the other goes to the nim100.  If you can't pull a connection from the ethernet port of the Nim100 with your computer then I would suspect you have a defective unit.  Just curious...Did you try hitting the reset on the Nim to get it back to default values?
0 Likes
Re: NIM100/FIOS/TIVO
LSUSaints
thanks i've tried 3 NIMs and none of them get an internet connection.   Am I doing something wrong?  Do I need to change any settings in my Actiontec wireless router that is connected via coax? Thanks.
Message Edited by LSUSaints on 02-19-2009 10:46 AM
0 Likes