Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Need Advice on Best Router to Connect to Fios Actiontec M1424WR

SOLVED
mstuart
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Need Advice on Best Router to Connect to Fios Actiontec M1424WR

Message 1 of 5
(2,318 Views)

From reading several of the postings I too want to connect a second router to my network to increase my connections speeds.  Currently I have fios 35/35 but of course I never reach such speeds wired or wireless.  So many routers are available but I want to make sure I purchase one that will do what I need.  What then would be the best router for me to use with this Actiontec.  I live in a 3 story home and my actiontec is on the top floor of my home.  Assistance would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PistolPete13
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Need Advice on Best Router to Connect to Fios Actiontec M1424WR

Message 2 of 5
(2,304 Views)

See my response to your other post.

Thanks,

-Pete

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PistolPete13
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 2 of 5
(2,305 Views)

See my response to your other post.

Thanks,

-Pete

View solution in original post

mstuart
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(2,290 Views)

Thank you Pete

metalgear
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(1,679 Views)

My FIOS Internet plan is 35/35 but i never get this speed. I was thinking of changing my router to get highter download and upload speeds. Can someone advise?

@mstuart wrote:

From reading several of the postings I too want to connect a second router to my network to increase my connections speeds.  Currently I have fios 35/35 but of course I never reach such speeds wired or wireless.  So many routers are available but I want to make sure I purchase one that will do what I need.  What then would be the best router for me to use with this Actiontec.  I live in a 3 story home and my actiontec is on the top floor of my home.  Assistance would be appreciated.

Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 5
(1,624 Views)

@metalgear wrote:

My FIOS Internet plan is 35/35 but i never get this speed. I was thinking of changing my router to get highter download and upload speeds. Can someone advise?

Try a hardwired connection to see if you get the speed. No need to change the router out if you get 35Mbps or higher out. Even the oldest ActionTecs/Westells are capable of doing 100Mbps. If you're trying to get such speed on Wireless and have confirmed it's coming in, add an Access Point such as the Trendnet Easy-N Upgrader (Make sure your devices support Wireless N as well!) and shut off the FiOS router's Wireless or re-purpose it for Wireless G devices.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title