Need Help Replacing my Verizon ActionTec Cable Modem ecb2200v
reginaldedavis1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good Day!

I have been having a really big issue trying to replace my Verizon ActionTec ECB2200V cable modem(which is in my bedroom) with anything that has a more than on ethernet port. A splitter works but i really do not want to have that  plugged in to do something a cable modem or router can do. I currently have a NetGear N600 wifi cable modem router to replace the ActionTec ECB2200V. Please keep in mind that i still have a Verizon ActionTec MI424WR wifi cable modem router (located in the living room) acting as my main modem for internet and wifi. If the NetGear does not work it is fine. I just want to replace the ActionTec ECB2200V for something with more ethernet ports. I would prefer to get something i can pick up from Best Buy today or order on Amazon. Any help is appricated. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need Help Replacing my Verizon ActionTec Cable Modem ecb2200v
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of things:

1) FIOS does not use cable modems. They only use routers (which the MIW24WR is).

2) The device you are asking about is a MOCA adapter. FIOS uses MOCA to carry internet to their routers and STBs.

Easy solution for your problem is to pick up a cheap switch to take the output if the MOCA adapter and add more ports.

Another option is to run ethernet from your router to the location you desire and add a switch to that.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of things:

1) FIOS does not use cable modems. They only use routers (which the MIW24WR is).

2) The device you are asking about is a MOCA adapter. FIOS uses MOCA to carry internet to their routers and STBs.

Easy solution for your problem is to pick up a cheap switch to take the output if the MOCA adapter and add more ports.

Another option is to run ethernet from your router to the location you desire and add a switch to that.

reginaldedavis1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! This helped and I was able to resolve this matter using your solution. 

0 Likes