Need Help Setting Up Own G1100 Router
oldhousegirl

MI424WR-GEN3I

Need Help Setting Up Own G1100 Router

I am replacing my old FIOS MI424WR-GEN3I with a NEW in box FIOS-G1100 that I purchased from a home user in my same state.  The G-1100 has FIOS on the outside and FIOS webpage and firmware.

I have the MAC address and when I connect to my coax, I get an IP address.

I believe I have to register the MAC with Verizon because I cannot get Internet access.

I have called FIOS support a few times, been bounced around, had long waits or not there.  The one time I had a tech, they were not able to help after 35 minutes.  Everyone just wants to sell me an upgrade or promotion, I just want to setup my new router.

Can someone send a website or phone number or instructions on how I can get my new router activated?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need Help Setting Up Own G1100 Router
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Should be pretty much plug and play. You can try connecting the MI424WR back in and breaking the DHCP lease. Then after that is done disconnect it and immediately connect the G1100. 
To break the lease login to the MI424WR and go to My Network/ Network connections/ Broadband ethernet/coax/ Settings and there will be a release command. 

View solution in original post

Re: Need Help Setting Up Own G1100 Router
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Should be pretty much plug and play. You can try connecting the MI424WR back in and breaking the DHCP lease. Then after that is done disconnect it and immediately connect the G1100. 
To break the lease login to the MI424WR and go to My Network/ Network connections/ Broadband ethernet/coax/ Settings and there will be a release command.