Need Help
SpitFireX12
Yesterday I moved my router up to a different room and connected it with a coax cable just as it was before. Today, the router either turns of and on ever few minutes or the lights on it stay green and I can't connect to the Internet. I moved the router back to where it was before but this didn't solve the problem. All of the lights stay a solid green except for wireless which blinks every few seconds.
0 Likes
Re: Need Help
jonjones1
Legend

@SpitFireX12 wrote:
Yesterday I moved my router up to a different room and connected it with a coax cable just as it was before. Today, the router either turns of and on ever few minutes or the lights on it stay green and I can't connect to the Internet. I moved the router back to where it was before but this didn't solve the problem. All of the lights stay a solid green except for wireless which blinks every few seconds.

This may solve your issue. But it will not hurt to try it.

First make sure the router is unplugged from the power outlet , hook the router to the coaxal as you did before. Turn on the device. You can either wait 2 hours or just turn on the router and then do a DHCP release and renew and see if you have a valid ip assigned. Via logging in to your router 192.168.1.1 is the normal address to access your router. The release and renew settings vary by router. Look up online for the correct user manual.

Then hook a computer to the router and see if the internet is availale.

As a last resort you coud simply call tech support and have them troubleshoot the issue for you.

Good luck

0 Likes
Re: Need Help
SpitFireX12
Ok I will try this. Thank you for the response 🙂
0 Likes