Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Need Wired Connection

SOLVED
JOhnDC
Contributor
Contributor

Need Wired Connection

Message 1 of 2
(753 Views)

Okay, to be in compliance with my employer, I need to have a wired connection to the internet when I work at home. I have fios internet and a wireless router in the attic. My office is on the first floor. I have fios cable in the office and a set top box. I also have a splitter so I can connect the set top box and something else. I don't want to run ethernet cable down two floors to the office.

How can I connect a computer in my office to the internet?

In the past I used a cable modem. The new one I purchased doesn't seem to work though. When I contacts verizon they acted as if they had never heard of cable modems.

What do I need to connect to the end of this coaxial cable in order to have a wired connection to the internet in my office?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Need Wired Connection

Message 2 of 2
(716 Views)

Simply a MoCa Adapter, like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-MoCA-Ethernet-Adapter-ECB6000S02/dp/B013J7NUXO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qi...

This should work so long as your FiOS router has a Coaxial connection up to it. Which it should, since you have FiOS TV.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Need Wired Connection

Message 2 of 2
(717 Views)

Simply a MoCa Adapter, like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-MoCA-Ethernet-Adapter-ECB6000S02/dp/B013J7NUXO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qi...

This should work so long as your FiOS router has a Coaxial connection up to it. Which it should, since you have FiOS TV.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title