Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Need a quantum router to help rerouting with 75/75 for xbox connection to fix Latency

executiveorders
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Need a quantum router to help rerouting with 75/75 for xbox connection to fix Latency

Message 1 of 7
(2,033 Views)

I am highly proficient in networking and my fios is stuck connecting to Xbox one servers at 90+ms. I currently have 75/75 and get @80/35-60. My concern is the latency. It's wired, no wireless  and I've tried every option on the router. 

Can someone internally fix this for me at Verizon by rerouting my jumps or something. It used to be 1-20ms. 

Can you send me a quantum router? Would that help. Probably not but who knows. 

Im 100% sure this is on the external side of my fios connections. There's nothing in my home causing this so please don't send me some generic troubleshooting template. I want an engineer or tech to fix this in the network. Thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need a quantum router to help rerouting with 75/75 for xbox connection to fix Latency

Message 2 of 7
(2,028 Views)

This is a peer to peer support forum. For assistance from Verizon you need to contact them directly.

Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Need a quantum router to help rerouting with 75/75 for xbox connection to fix Latency

Message 3 of 7
(1,986 Views)

Get the IP address from the NAT Table of your router that the Xbox is connecting to and post a traceroute to the game server you're connecting to. That will give us a picture of what is going on.

executiveorders
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 7
(1,213 Views)

I'm having the same problem. Stuck at 90ms. With the quantum router. I can't find the bat table for the ip thebxbox is connecting to on the quantum router settings. Where would I go to find that?

executiveorders
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(1,212 Views)

Nat table. Lol not bat table.

executiveorders
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 7
(1,003 Views)

Help please??

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 7 of 7
(996 Views)

May not be anything Verizon can do.

Could be outside Verizon network.

As stated, a tracroute will help diagnose issue.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title