Need help with ONT after power outage
Oakitron

Hi everyone, this past Wednesday we had a power outage and after our power was restored, none of my Fios services came back.  I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps,  including cycling power to the ONT and router. Tech support said they’re not seeing power to the ont, when I’m sure there is.  Only the PWR light is on in the ont. a tech can’t come out until Tuesday, so I’m trying to see if there’s anything else I can do.  Attached is a picture of the ont.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need help with ONT after power outage
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know where the power supply for the ONT lives? Try unplugging it for a few minutes to allow the ONT to drain the capacitors and fully reboot. It's possible there was a blip during the boot-up sequence when power was restored, and the ONT is hung. If your ONT has a battery backup unit with a battery installed, disconnect the battery as well.

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can’t see the picture until it get approved by the moderator, but it sounds like it might have gotten surged. I’m sure the storm created a backlog of trouble calls which is why they are telling you Tuesday. 

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know where the power supply for the ONT lives? Try unplugging it for a few minutes to allow the ONT to drain the capacitors and fully reboot. It's possible there was a blip during the boot-up sequence when power was restored, and the ONT is hung. If your ONT has a battery backup unit with a battery installed, disconnect the battery as well.