Need replacement FIOS PSU (47Volt)
jlewczyk

We lost power for hours on March 2nd, and after power was restored, the FIOS internet/voice never returned.  Battery Backup showed drained battery (red blink on BBU), and steady green LED on 47V Power Supply (PSU).\, and ONT LEDs dark. 

After I replaced the BBU battery, the internet/voice returned, but internet failed after about 5 minutes.  Rinse and repeat. 🙂

Internet goes out when "link" goes dark on the Ethernet port of the ONT (and corresponding Ethernet on Actiontek router also goes dark).

I determined that the 47V PSU is faulty and needs replacement (this, despite steady green on PSU).   Battery Back Up shows orange/orange, indicating battery not charging.

I cannot get through the support to request service to replace the PSU.  We spent hours on hold!!

Please help.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need replacement FIOS PSU (47Volt)
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

Try the above link. They should be able to assist. Or @verizonfios on Twitter.

however at 9:48 am EDT there are posts stating Verizon is not responsive on twitter.

0 Likes
PLaw2

I waited on the phones for hours yesterday. Try using messaging. I was able to get through this morning to get a service visit.I have a similar problem with my ONT. I have to manually recharge my batteries. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Twitter support is @verizonsupport

0 Likes