Switch Account

Need replacement FIOS PSU (47Volt)

Need replacement FIOS PSU (47Volt)

Contributor jlewczyk
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(892 Views)

We lost power for hours on March 2nd, and after power was restored, the FIOS internet/voice never returned.  Battery Backup showed drained battery (red blink on BBU), and steady green LED on 47V Power Supply (PSU).\, and ONT LEDs dark. 

After I replaced the BBU battery, the internet/voice returned, but internet failed after about 5 minutes.  Rinse and repeat. :-)

Internet goes out when "link" goes dark on the Ethernet port of the ONT (and corresponding Ethernet on Actiontek router also goes dark).

I determined that the 47V PSU is faulty and needs replacement (this, despite steady green on PSU).   Battery Back Up shows orange/orange, indicating battery not charging.

I cannot get through the support to request service to replace the PSU.  We spent hours on hold!!

Please help.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 4
(889 Views)

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

Try the above link. They should be able to assist. Or @verizonfios on Twitter.

however at 9:48 am EDT there are posts stating Verizon is not responsive on twitter.

Contributor PLaw
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(887 Views)

I waited on the phones for hours yesterday. Try using messaging. I was able to get through this morning to get a service visit.I have a similar problem with my ONT. I have to manually recharge my batteries. 

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(842 Views)

Twitter support is @verizonsupport

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.