Need to Have Install Completed
Bob8951
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have somewhat of a similar story concerning poor customer service and lack of any kind of follow up. I moved on April 15, 2016 into a new home. Three weeks before that I set up an install with Verizon for my new home. I told Verizon I wanted everything to stay as far as my current services and I wanted to add Verizon TV. The old address was an unavailable area for Verizon TV service. Then the strike happened two days before my settlement date and my install was cancelled. A few days after that there were Verizon trucks on my street. So I asked if they were here to my install. Of course I wasn't on their list. Even though I wasn't on their list they did a partial install for me. I needed two rooms wired for TV. They me told they would only hook up the TV service in rooms with existing outlets. They said call back after the strike and Verizon will come back out to complete my install. So after my partial install I discovered the my internet security and backup had been cancelled by Verizon. I tried for three solid weeks to get these services reinstated. I went through the chat and phone calls almost everyday. They ordered it and reordered it for me and it still didn't and doesn't work. So I obtained these services from other vendors.

So now that the strike is over I was on the chat and phone with Verizon on Friday (5/27) and Saturday (5/28). Boy did I get the run around. First they were trying to tell me that I had to pay $100 fee for them to come back out to my house. I asked why I had to pay $100 fee for Verizon to back out to my and finish my install? I never got a direct answer. After some back anf forth Verizon agreed to drop the fee. Then on Saturday I was on the phone with Verizon from 8:30 PM until 10:15 PM. I started with the customer service department, then transferred to tech support who said it was wrong department then to the repair department, who said this is the wrong department because my issue isn't a repair. Transferred then to sales department who said it was wrong department again I was transferred back to repair. I kept asking why is this soo hard? I just want an appointment to have my install finished. No one at Verizon was able to help me. Finally I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told a supervisor would call me back within 30 to 45 minutes. I sill have not received a call back from anyone at Verizon and my install remains incomplete. Now I have no idea how to get my install completed. 

This is terrible customer service on many levels.  

0 Likes
Re: Need to Have Install Completed
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bob8951,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes