Need to connect to VPN
ts_peach

we have FIOS (internet and phone only). i have the MI424-WR . i need to be able to connect to work using a VPN (i'm still new at understanding how all this works). i've seen some solutions but not sure i understand them. what do i need to do to get it to work?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Anne-Marie

0 Likes
Re: Need to connect to VPN
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

First off you don't indicate what kind of VPN you will be using.  VPN's comes in a few different flavors and by different manufacturers.  I use two different kinds (SSL and IPSEC) and have not had to make any changes to the Actiontec router in order to get it to work.

Have you tried to connect to your VPN yet?

0 Likes
ts_peach

the software i installed is called SonicWall Global VPN Client which appears to be a SSL and it shows me that it establishes a connection when i log into the VPN Client. i'm not quite sure what to do to make sure it's really established. i'm going to do some googling on the internet.

when i try to use a remote desktop connection i am not able to log in. i've tried turning off the windows firewall and that doesn't appear to help. i'm working with a laptop running vista ultimate.

0 Likes
ts_peach

i got it figured out. it wasn't the fios which i'm glad i don't have to mess with.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Glad to hear you got it to work.  Next to one of the posts should be accept solution.  Please click on that to accept.

Jim

0 Likes