I apologize that this message is so long--thank you for reading and for helping!
I've been trying to address my issue for months and am pretty frustrated. Reaching FIOS customer service has been EXTREMELY difficult. Each time I call I used the FIOS number (I am using the correct number: 800 837 4966) but have been transferred to Verizon wireless automatically, I think because my phone service is through Verizon and the system recognizes my number. The transfers add an hour+ to the total wait each time. I've also been unable to use online customer service, because the system also keeps redirecting me to wireless/phone services.
Here is what has been going on:
My family were loyal Verizon internet customers for years, until we moved into a building that already supported Comcast and had to cancel our account.
1) I first called Verizon FIOS in February to say that we were moving and needed to disconnect our internet service. The person I spoke to assured me service would be disconnected as of March 1.
2) We received a new bill in April, and I called again. The agent said there was no record of the first cancellation, but that my account was now canceled. He gave me a reference number. We then returned our equipment in the box Verizon mailed us.
3) In May we received another bill. I tried to call customer service multiple times but was repeatedly transferred to the phone side (this is when the problems reaching FIOS service started). I could never get through to FIOS.
4) In June we received still another bill. I called customer service again, waited on hold for 90 minutes before reaching someone on the Wireless phone side. She transferred me to a Fios manager, who looked up the reference number and said: "oh, this was never cancelled." She apologized and promised to cancel my account, backdate the cancellation, and reverse the charges Verizon was saying we owed.
5) Last week, I received an email saying that we owe $395.98--apparently none of the charges were ever reversed.
6) I've been trying again to reach Fios customer service, but the last few times I've called I have again been transferred automatically to the wireless/phone side and then had my call dropped after waiting on hold for an hour+.
I have no idea what to do anymore--I am just so frustrated. If anyone can help I would REALLY appreciate it--thank you in advance!
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.