Need to reset router for ethernet network
Chuck_K

So, here's something odd. After shutting down for the night, by the next morning, all the PCs on my network can't connect to the router any more. I need to power-cycle the router for them to be able to connect to the network again. Despite this, the Wifi works fine, and any tablet/phone in the apartment stays connected no problem. It's ONLY affecting directly connected, networked units.

Yesterday I went through a lot of resets and updates, I have a new screen when going into the router settings, and thought that would do it... Today, the same issue. This is getting ridiculously frustrating.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need to reset router for ethernet network
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've seen this same problem with one of my client's routers.

Its a hardware issue with the router itself. As Jon stated, you'll need to contact Verizon and get a replacement. 

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@Chuck_K wrote:

So, here's something odd. After shutting down for the night, by the next morning, all the PCs on my network can't connect to the router any more. I need to power-cycle the router for them to be able to connect to the network again. Despite this, the Wifi works fine, and any tablet/phone in the apartment stays connected no problem. It's ONLY affecting directly connected, networked units.

Yesterday I went through a lot of resets and updates, I have a new screen when going into the router settings, and thought that would do it... Today, the same issue. This is getting ridiculously frustrating.

Call 1-800-VERIZON 

have them send you another working one.

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've seen this same problem with one of my client's routers.

Its a hardware issue with the router itself. As Jon stated, you'll need to contact Verizon and get a replacement.