Switch Account

Need to reset router for ethernet network

Need to reset router for ethernet network

Contributor Chuck_K
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(395 Views)

So, here's something odd. After shutting down for the night, by the next morning, all the PCs on my network can't connect to the router any more. I need to power-cycle the router for them to be able to connect to the network again. Despite this, the Wifi works fine, and any tablet/phone in the apartment stays connected no problem. It's ONLY affecting directly connected, networked units.

Yesterday I went through a lot of resets and updates, I have a new screen when going into the router settings, and thought that would do it... Today, the same issue. This is getting ridiculously frustrating.

2 REPLIES 2
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 3
(393 Views)

@Chuck_K wrote:

So, here's something odd. After shutting down for the night, by the next morning, all the PCs on my network can't connect to the router any more. I need to power-cycle the router for them to be able to connect to the network again. Despite this, the Wifi works fine, and any tablet/phone in the apartment stays connected no problem. It's ONLY affecting directly connected, networked units.

Yesterday I went through a lot of resets and updates, I have a new screen when going into the router settings, and thought that would do it... Today, the same issue. This is getting ridiculously frustrating.

Call 1-800-VERIZON 

have them send you another working one.

Silver Contributor III Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 3 of 3
(329 Views)

I've seen this same problem with one of my client's routers.

Its a hardware issue with the router itself. As Jon stated, you'll need to contact Verizon and get a replacement. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.