Neighbor's service line over my garage?
privateproperty

I have a neighbor who moved in about four months ago.

Shortly after their move, I noticed a black cable line hanging over my garage door. I tracked one end of that cable to an underground hub next to my property, and the other end going to the neighbor's house. 

1. I called Verizon support to inform them that there is a service line hanging over my property. The rep told me that it will be fixed in 2-3 days

2. About a week later, I saw a field technician from Verizon working around the underground hub. Per my conversation with him, there is a pipe underground (beneath my driveway) where they can put the line through. It should be fixed in couple days. Then, he left

3. A month later, I called the support line and had a ticket created to have this fixed for good. I spent about an hour since the service is not on my account, and the rep. kept on asking for number associated with the neighbor's account. I provided a mail address of their house.

4. Another month passed by and the line still hangs over my garage. I called the support line again, and to found out that the ticket was closed. The rep. told me that he will re-open the ticket, and it will be fixed in 2-3 days.

5. Now, I called the support line today, and spent another hour on Chat Support, which yielded no result. Then, spent another 20 minutes on the phone, where I found out the ticket was once again closed. The rep did though provide some explanation why it was closed. Then, opened up another ticket and promised that it will be fixed in 24-48 hours.

At the beginning of this, I did talk to my neighbor lady and explained the situation. She said she will relay this message to her husband. I guess they do not care since they are getting their service without any problem.

I am disappointed that I have that such new neighbor, and had spent last three months to have this fixed in such incapable hands of Verizon support lines. What a mess!

0 Likes
Re: Neighbor's service line over my garage?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Neighbor's service line over my garage?
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes