NetGear Orbi with FIOS g1100?
BVanian
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I had a verizon technician come over and say that I have to use the FIOS router for both my TV and Internet, and if I want to extend my range I can use Netgear Orbi. I was thinking of getting mesh systems for a while, and now I want to get it. I didn't fully understand the technician's explanation, but as I understand he says that I still NEED the G1100 for TV and internet, and I can use orbi to extend the wifi to the upstairs. So can I use the orbi router by connecting it via ethernet to my G1100 and putting the satellites upstairs and basement?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NetGear Orbi with FIOS g1100?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes the reason for the G1100 is so the set-top boxes can get internet access over the coax wiring. This enables them to get the TV Guide, On Demand, and Multiroom DVR. 

In your set up you will want to disable the wifi on the G1100. Then when setting up the Orbi you want to set it up in access point mode.

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes the reason for the G1100 is so the set-top boxes can get internet access over the coax wiring. This enables them to get the TV Guide, On Demand, and Multiroom DVR. 

In your set up you will want to disable the wifi on the G1100. Then when setting up the Orbi you want to set it up in access point mode.

BVanian
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks a lot!