Re: Netflix is slow lately on FIOS
Sava333
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like Neflix blinked first:

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/02/netflix-is-paying-comcast-for-direct-connection-to-network-w...

This is exactly what Verizon was looking for, seems to all be coming to a head finally. Hopefully an agreement will be reached between Verizon and Netflix soon also.

0 Likes
MarathonDoug

I have 30 Mbps FiOS Internet service, FiOS TV, and Verizon/Redbox. Why has Netflix throughput gotten so bad lately? Why would I pay for 50 Mbps service if I can't get acceptable speed now? Verizon is obviously playing games. If you are going to do this you should not do it a customer that has ALL of your home services. There is still Comcast coax coming to my house and I will use it if this nonsense does not stop.

0 Likes
back2back

I agree with you. I upgraded to FIOS Qunatum and the results were worse when I had the 25 Megs. What a rip off! Now they're trying to get us to pay erven more with 75 Megs and their latest and greatest router for another $100.00. Keep it up Verizon, soon you will get some big competition and when that time comes you'll be nothing more than when you strated off.

0 Likes
ASHDUMP

Netflix has been working flawlessly for the past 1.5 years and now all of a sudden it barley works. All I have from Verizon is 15/5 and no television or phone. I use our internet occasionally because I'm never home. When I am home, I like to watch 1 or 2 movies or TV shows on Netflix.... Now I can't.

This is blackmail if I've ever seen it. One day everything works well and the next it doesn't work at all. I just switched over to Verizon from Comcast not long ago.

Verizon probably thinks that most people will just give up on Netflix however I think the adverse will happen. People are going to give up on Verizon.....

0 Likes
netflixtooslow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Comcast just cut a deal with Netflix this past weekend, so Comcast subscribers can finally get a decent picture. If FIOS doesn't in the next month, I will be switching to Comcast for sure!  Finally, thanks to the WSJ report last week (but NO thanks to FIOS), this information about how FIOS has been intentionally slowing Netflix for a long time is out there and confirmed.  Nowhere left for Verizon to try to hide this from its subscribers and tell us we don't know what we are talking about.  What are you going to do Verizon?  How many subscribers do you want to lose over this?

0 Likes
FrankGrimey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm considering just not paying anymore and going back to Cablevision. The speeds weren't as good, but wasn't bad either. I wouldn't pay an ETF either. Netflix is absolutely fine over my mobile broadband connection with T-Mobile. It was initially absolutely fine with FiOS when I got it a bit over a year ago. Then all of a sudden, the past few days, I'm watching 21 minutes of 42 minutes of pixellated shows on a 75/35Mbps connection!

My speed tests are consistently 85 down and 35 up regardless of the time of day yet Netflix ever-so-conveniently chokes to complete **bleep**? It's blackmail and it should be illegal! Shame on you Verizon! We seriously need more competition in the market to discourage these anti-competitive/blackmailing practices.

0 Likes
SoNi67
Contributor - Level 1

I am using now as DSN server the unlocator.com . They are free (for now) and they help getting "arround" Verizon blocking of netflix.

0 Likes
watcher321
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use FIOS to watch Netflix.

If FIOS cannot deliver Netflix then I do not need netflix.

Maybe time to switch back to Xfinity

0 Likes
SteveVi
Enthusiast - Level 3

For those of you sick of dealing with this problem and tired of Verizon's complete and total lack or action and acknowledgement that this is an issue, I have created a public petition addressed to Lowell C. McAdam, Verizon's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.  The petition is located here:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/869/336/946/verizon-intentionally-crippling-netflix-streaming-over-it...

Take action and sign the petition!

EDIT: If you're on FaceBook and Twitter and other social media sites, let your followers know about the petition and ask them to sign.  Verizon seems content to ignore us on it's own forums.  Maybe some public attention is what they need.

Thanks -- Steve

0 Likes
scottydog
Enthusiast - Level 3

This simply forces those who want commercialess films and TV programs to find them elsewhere. It also will increase illegal downloading a copy right issues for those who are **bleep** enough to do it.

0 Likes