Message 171 of 205
(2,050 Views)
Come on Verizon. Fix this before we switch to Comcast
Highlighted
Contributor teddavid
Contributor
Message 172 of 205
(2,030 Views)

Verizon, not ALL of your consumers are fools. In fact most are not. We KNOW you are jerking us around with speeds on Netflix. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have 30/20 speed on my iPad and yet less than .7mbps on my Apple TV or smart BlueRay player when I bring up Netflix in the same room!. 

There is a reason the FCC is looking into your practices. And I plan to start a change.org petition. Either you work out your issues with Netflix without hassling your customers by throttling speeds or I will ask that you be declared in material breech of your agreement and I will have Cablevision back in my home and drop you like a rotten egg. I am already wired for Optimum and DirecTV. I don't need you. 

STOP THE NONSENSE NOW! 

Who's with me?

Let Verizon know you are sick of their nonsense by commenting below.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 173 of 205
(1,980 Views)

Looks like the FCC is going to decide who's at fault.  I'm pretty sure Verizon is not going to be happy when their private records become public information.  Verizon will have a very hard time spinning the fact they did not upgrade their network for the hopes of getting more money from Netflix.  There will be some nonsense about Netflix paying their fair share that Verizon will claim.  

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/8501/20140615/fcc-wants-to-play-referee-in-netflix-v-comcast-veriz...

Also Verizon slid to to the bottom half of Netfix's USA ISP Speed Index:

#10 Verizon down 2 places

http://ispspeedindex.netflix.com/usa

Contributor thanhngny
Contributor
Message 174 of 205
(1,947 Views)

i am about to switch to verizon, but now i have the second thought about it. I have netflix too. if playing netflic is problem over verizon fios, then i better stay with my cable. so far i don't have any problem with optimum internet. Ah! I even have optimum hotspot in my home. optimum have alot of hotspot, that is a extra.

get yourself together verizon, or you will lose all the customer

a current optimum customer

Contributor gabea
Contributor
Message 175 of 205
(1,880 Views)

Verizon,

You cannot claim that this is Netflix's issue. Netflix works perfectly well on every other ISP that is available in my neighborhood. I can even play HD video on my AT&T mobile phone. 

This is truly ridiculous. I am paying Verizon for 75mbit/35mbit internet and I can't play Netflix at night. It's constantly buffering and low resolution.

I will cancel my service if this is not resolved quickly.

Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 176 of 205
(1,855 Views)

@gabea wrote:

Verizon,

You cannot claim that this is Netflix's issue. Netflix works perfectly well on every other ISP that is available in my neighborhood. I can even play HD video on my AT&T mobile phone. 

This is truly ridiculous. I am paying Verizon for 75mbit/35mbit internet and I can't play Netflix at night. It's constantly buffering and low resolution.

I will cancel my service if this is not resolved quickly.

You haven't done much looking at other ISP forums.  Its not just Verizon.  And even for Verizon not all users are seeing problems.

Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 177 of 205
(1,853 Views)

Maybe we will finally find out who to blame.  There are several stories about the FCC wanting some answers.  e.g. http://abcnews.go.com/Business/blame-slower-internet-streaming-fcc-find/story?id=24138190

and FCC doc

http://www.fcc.gov/document/chairman-statement-broadband-consumers-and-internet-congestion

Contributor bbbb
Contributor
Message 178 of 205
(1,790 Views)

it is apparently verizon is slowing Netflix traffic. 

evidence: 1. I can not get Netflix HD and my machine has to buffer frequently. speed meter for netflix is 0.5mbs.

2. when I switch watching to Amazon Prime. HD quality with speed up to 15mbs.

I called verizon and was recommened to up my speed for extra $10/month.

I smell fishy.

Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 179 of 205
(1,785 Views)

bbbb   

that doesn't mean verizon is throttling, that means amazon knows how to route their traffic appropriately and that they choose wisely who manages their CDN's

Verizon recommending an upgrade was unneccessary

Contributor Fennups
Contributor
Message 180 of 205
(1,709 Views)
I just switched to quantum and I am still getting low quality often buffering Netflix. This is ridiculous. So far this seems as though it doesn't matter how much you pay. Verizon wants more for the exact same product
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.