Netflix streaming problem
Bradford_dc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Verizon. I am VERY close to dropping FIOS. I am not happy with how you are handling the issue with streaming problems with Netflix. I pay you $80 a month for internet service. Key word - service. I don't care that you and Netflix are pointing fingers at who is to blame for the poor service. I pay you for internet service (ie...streaming) not Netflix. I have other options other than Verizon Fios and will pursue them. I went with FIOS so that I could stream movies better. Figure it out! And don't involve your customers. Last night I could not stream anything via Netflix without interruption due to speed issues. You are not the only game in town. I would rather remain a customer of Verizon but if this issue is not resolved soon, I will go elsewhere. I am not getting the service that I am paying for. Your customers could care less about whether it's your fault or Netflix. Why not try to resolve this without throwing your customers under the bus? Calvin {edited for privacy}

Re: Netflix streaming problem
Xanthene
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your best bet is to use a VPN that tricks verizon's network into thinking you're streaming from some other sight than netlfix.  Then they will not deliberately slow the lane.  or you can stream redbox... IT WORKS PERFECT!

Pretty sad when Verizon went from "thank god i don't have to use comcast anymore" to "Ugh, when's my contract up so I can go back to Comcast?"  Oh, how the mighty have fallen.