Switch Account

Netflix streaming

Highlighted
Contributor GreatDane20
Contributor
Message 1 of 6
(594 Views)

After spending much time of my hard earned leisure time investiging why my Netflix streaming performance has been so terrible, I've finally discovered the reason is Verizon. Given I stream content as a primary way of viewing, I will be cancelling my Triple Play and go back to past providers for phone, TV and internet. Way to go Verizon. Hope many more follow me.

5 REPLIES 5
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 2 of 6
(579 Views)
Glad to hear you are switching. Verizon really turned what was by far the best ISP out there into one that is rather poor.

Sorry to hear you spent a lot of time figuring out. The problems with Verizon are well documented here on the forums and just about every tech site out there (even appearing on mainstream news sites now)
Contributor GreatDane20
Contributor
Message 3 of 6
(539 Views)

Well I just joint the forums yesterday as part of th investigation and was unaware of the rest of it. Falls under the category of "you don't know what you don't know".

Contributor garyalex
Contributor
Message 4 of 6
(533 Views)

With which provider will you replace Verizon?  In my location the only other choice is TWC. 

Contributor GreatDane20
Contributor
Message 5 of 6
(521 Views)

In my location I will likely go with Comcast for the ISP. DirecTV for TV and TBD for phone should I keep a landline.

Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 6 of 6
(501 Views)

Comcast and Netflix struck a deal.  Maybe Verizon will too.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/02/netflix-is-paying-comcast-for-direct-connection-to-network-w...

-----
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.