Netflix suddenly not working on wifi
Nicoxcx2

I have an amazon fire stick in my living room, roku in my bedroom and another roku in the kids room. All 3 suddenly have no access to Netflix even though all of the other apps are working. Connection test shows netflix servers are running. On my laptop and phone connected via wifi the netflix site shows 'Netflix Site Error We were unable to process your request. Please go to the Netflix home page by clicking the button below.' when I turn my wifi off and connect with 3g I can access and use netflix. When I turn my VPN on (laptop) I can access and use netflix (although Netflix block me from streaming becuase of the VPN) . This happened once before last month and magically fixed itself the next night, has anyone ever experienced this?

0 Likes
Re: Netflix suddenly not working on wifi
jonjones1
Legend

@Nicoxcx2 wrote:

I have an amazon fire stick in my living room, roku in my bedroom and another roku in the kids room. All 3 suddenly have no access to Netflix even though all of the other apps are working. Connection test shows netflix servers are running. On my laptop and phone connected via wifi the netflix site shows 'Netflix Site Error We were unable to process your request. Please go to the Netflix home page by clicking the button below.' when I turn my wifi off and connect with 3g I can access and use netflix. When I turn my VPN on (laptop) I can access and use netflix (although Netflix block me from streaming becuase of the VPN) . This happened once before last month and magically fixed itself the next night, has anyone ever experienced this?

Actually no.

we have Netflix on living room (Roku stick) and Bedroom (Roku stick), through Apple TV, two blu ray players, all of our iPhones and iPads, on 5 laptops with Windows and other streaming services as well.

normally error messages have to do with the Netflix settings. Not Fios. If you can get to any other service or website it is Fios.

i would call or email Netflix.

0 Likes
Nicoxcx2

Calling Netflix is definitely my next step. I just don't understand this problem at all, I can connect to every other website and streaming ap (including youtube) but none of my devices can access the Netflix site including the apps on streaming devices if they connect to my wifi. If I connect to the neighbours wifi I can access Netflix fine.

Turning on a VPN lets me access Netflix as well.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Nicoxcx2 wrote:

Calling Netflix is definitely my next step. I just don't understand this problem at all, I can connect to every other website and streaming ap (including youtube) but none of my devices can access the Netflix site including the apps on streaming devices if they connect to my wifi. If I connect to the neighbours wifi I can access Netflix fine.

Turning on a VPN lets me access Netflix as well.

http://www.netflix.com has a support number, and a web trouble link where they call you back ( hopefully they still do that) the site also can be used for viewing. Did you try connecting from your computer directly? Or just over wifi? 

Like I said if you can access other sites then it is not your Fios service.

hope it all works out

0 Likes