Netgear AC1750 (C6300) and Fios
Knowthdad

Hello!

My apologies if this has been answered somewhere else for my particular model and I missed it, but I've read through countless posts and Google searches trying to find a solution, or at least a definitive yes or no on whether or not it's possible, but I'd like to use my Netgear router with my Fios service, as it gets much better wifi range and signal downstairs. It's the Netgear AC1750 Dual-Band (model C6300, not the Nighthawk).

I keep seeing solutions where a WAN port is needed on the Netgear router, but the model I have doesn't have a WAN port, so I wasn't entirely sure what to do.

If anyone knows if this is possible and would like to walk me through it step by step, I would very greatly appreciate your time and energy on this! My wife and I watch Netflix a lot on the first floor of our home (router is upstairs in our office), and we're constantly dealing with huge decreases in quality due to the wifi signal dropping. I would like to get a wifi extender, but from what I've seen, they're fairly pricey and we already have the AC1750 that provides quality signal to the first floor, so I try to save $$ whenever I can!

Again, much much appreciative for any insight!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Netgear AC1750 (C6300) and Fios
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately no, that model is a cable modem and will not work with FiOS. That router’s WAN connection uses DOCSIS which is what Cable companies use. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Netgear AC1750 (C6300) and Fios
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately no, that model is a cable modem and will not work with FiOS. That router’s WAN connection uses DOCSIS which is what Cable companies use. 

0 Likes