Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Netgear GC110P and FIOS

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Netgear GC110P and FIOS

Message 1 of 4
(1,048 Views)

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if I can use my Netgear GC110P as the router for FIOS? I only want internet, no TV or phone. I am going to order a 100/100 connection and I do not want to use their router. Can I connect my GC110P directly to the ONT through RJ45?

Any answer will be appreciated,

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Re: Netgear GC110P and FIOS

Message 2 of 4
(1,043 Views)

@Dahita wrote:

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if I can use my Netgear GC110P as the router for FIOS? I only want internet, no TV or phone. I am going to order a 100/100 connection and I do not want to use their router. Can I connect my GC110P directly to the ONT through RJ45?

Any answer will be appreciated,

Thanks

According to this link, https://www.cnet.com/products/netgear-insight-gc110p-switch-10-ports-smart/specs/

It is a switch and not a router. You can attached this switch to a gigabyte router to have expansion on your network.

I would just purchase a triband router with mimo and external antennas preferably for ac/a/n connections and beamforming for best use. I use a Netgear R8500 but it’s expensive but Netgear makes other routers for less as does Asus etc.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Message 3 of 4
(965 Views)

As Jon said, that is just a switch, not a router. You would need a router before the switch.

But just to clairify to your main question, yes you can plug in any router of your choice to the ONT's RJ45 jack and it will work. Just make sure you tell the installer to plug the Ethernet into your router and they'll do it. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(789 Views)

Possibly. The GC110P can be configured with VLAN 2 and VLAN3 but I'm not sure if you can also provide DHCP or, as previously stated, need a router to do so. Some managed switches provide this capability.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.