Network Devices
jdip101

Hello Verizon:  I'm looking at the devices on my network via Action Teck and see two devices that I can not account for.  One is named Gateway3E7198 the other New Host.  I do I identify what these are.  All of my other devices are account for and are up and running.   Thanks for your help...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Network Devices
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.  If you really want to talk to Verizon, click here for options: Contact Us,  Otherwise, you're stuck with talking to us helpful users.

Like viafax999 said, these may be old entries.  Note that DHCP entries will age out after a while and will be removed from the list.  You may want to check again after 12 or 24 hours to see if they are still present.  If they go away, that's a sign that they were temporary visitors on your network.  If there weren't any devices you know about, you may want to change your WiFi passphrase.  Oh, and if you're not using WPA2 security, now is the time to switch it on.

The MAC address can be helpful to determine what the device are.  The first 3 octets (bytes) of the address are a manufacturer code.  You should be able to find out who made the device simply by searching for the address.  Use a search term like this (don't forget the quotes):

"84:29:99"

This is an Apple code for an iPad that lives on my network.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably old entries.  Try pinging the ip address and see if you get a response.

Delete them and see if they come back.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.  If you really want to talk to Verizon, click here for options: Contact Us,  Otherwise, you're stuck with talking to us helpful users.

Like viafax999 said, these may be old entries.  Note that DHCP entries will age out after a while and will be removed from the list.  You may want to check again after 12 or 24 hours to see if they are still present.  If they go away, that's a sign that they were temporary visitors on your network.  If there weren't any devices you know about, you may want to change your WiFi passphrase.  Oh, and if you're not using WPA2 security, now is the time to switch it on.

The MAC address can be helpful to determine what the device are.  The first 3 octets (bytes) of the address are a manufacturer code.  You should be able to find out who made the device simply by searching for the address.  Use a search term like this (don't forget the quotes):

"84:29:99"

This is an Apple code for an iPad that lives on my network.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
jdip101

Thanks for you help everything worked out well.

0 Likes
jkmyles

I see a second device as well and did the search as suggested.  It appears to be a temporary visitor access account.  How do I disable this account? 

One more note, this belongs to Arris Group in CA???

0 Likes