Network Printer connected directly to router
Gsmith424

I am trying to add a network printer directly to the router everything is plugged in and the computer finds but can not print help!!! Tell me what I am doing wrong???

0 Likes
Re: Network Printer connected directly to router
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you mean the computer can find it but not print?

May have to reach out to printer support to make sure driver is configured properly to access a network printer.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Gsmith424wrote:

I am trying to add a network printer directly to the router everything is plugged in and the computer finds but can not print help!!! Tell me what I am doing wrong???

Are you talking about USB.? Usb is not connected to the router. You would need to go to the printers web portal be it Canon or HP or Epson etc. download the printer setup driver for your make and model. After it is downloaded you would then double click the install program and follow the prompts. If your printer is just going to be hardwired from the printer to your computer the USB connection is what you want. If you are getting a WiFi or AirPrint printer you will need to choose your network name from the available list and use your network password to connect the printer for wireless printing.

you must set up per your printer makers instructions.

Fios has nothing to do with your printer.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your computer can discover the printer but can't print, remove all copies of the printer you've got installed. Then re-install the printer using the latest driver for the printer, from the manufacturer's website.

As mentioned above, USB connecting the router and the printer is not supported. You can hardwire the printer via Ethernet or use Wi-Fi, though.

0 Likes