Network Problems
Javan

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows 10 installed, and an Asus notebook with Windows 7 installed, networked with a Verizon FiOS Quantum Gateway router. Also on this network are a Canon multifunction printer, a Tivo set top box with a FiOS cable card, four tablets/e-readers, chromecast, Amazon Fire Wire dongle, and a Samsung smart BluRay player. The Verizon FiOS Gateway router was installed in October 2015, and has performed well as a network router.

I recently activated the Guest Network on the router so that a visiting friend could have Internet access. This separate home network also works well. When I activated the Guest network to check it out with my Toshiba, I found it operating properly, but I could not return to the primary network. Each time I try, I get a warning, "Incorrect network password entered", even though the correct password was enetered. The Chromecast dongle will not sign onto the primary network either. The Asus notepad, as well as the android tablets, has no problem switching back and forth between the two networks. I have done a factory reset to the router, and also rebooted it several times. I am now using the Toshiba on the Guest Network with no problems, but the things I need to network with, such as the printer, reside on the primary network.

I am hoping that you will be able to tell me how I can get the Toshiba back on the primary network.

0 Likes
Re: Network Problems
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go in tot he rotuer and try "changing" the password to your primary network.

May have gotten affected when you turned guest network on.

0 Likes