Network Status: Inactive
System36

I am using a MI424WR FIOS router. I configured a new Quantum router and connected my computer to it using Wi-Fi. I then connected the Quantum router to the MI424WR router (WAN to LAN). The Quantum, for whatever reason, doesn't get internet connection through MI424WR. MI424WR shows the Quantum is connected but inactive. Any idea how to resolve the Quantum inactive issue(s)? Any helps would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Network Status: Inactive
jonjones1
Legend

@System36 wrote:

I am using a MI424WR FIOS router. I configured a new Quantum router and connected my computer to it using Wi-Fi. I then connected the Quantum router to the MI424WR router (WAN to LAN). The Quantum, for whatever reason, doesn't get internet connection through MI424WR. MI424WR shows the Quantum is connected but inactive. Any idea how to resolve the Quantum inactive issue(s)? Any helps would be greatly appreciated.

Ok first off you must have either the Quantum G1100 or the Actiontec Router connected directly from the ONT as primary. So let's say you use the Quantum. After this is connected and receives a DNS from Verizon Fios you test your connection out to the internet both via Ethernet connection and then wifi.

if you are receiving a good steady speed you now can set the actiontec in Access Point Mode. There is a good tutorial located at this website.  https://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios?

Notice the different configurations you can use. Follow the instructions.

now if you plan on using the actiontec in AP or Bridge Mode it is advisable to disable the wifi on the Quantum Gateway G1100 (or vis a vie if using the actiontec as primary and the Quantum as secondary) 

oh I forgot you must set one of the routers as an Access Point in order to use it.

just plugging in the cable from LAN to WAN on the secondary router will not do anything other than show as being found. As you already found out.

Good Luck 

0 Likes