Network extender over Cat6
BobW9886
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am looking to get better WiFi to a corner of my house. I thought I was being forward looking and removed the coax from a bedroom and replaced it with 2 cat6 cables. Can I connect the WCB62000Q via its Lan port over cat6 back to a lan port of the quantum gateway. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Network extender over Cat6
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No problem. Whether it is connected to ethernet or coax it should automatically clone your FiOS router's SSID and WPA2 password. 

If you don't use a Verizon router there is a SSID and password on the sticker. There is also login credentials if you want to change the default wifi info. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes and actually that is the better way to connect it. If it is connected via coax it can only get up to 400 mbps. Wired with ethernet will give it full speed. 

BobW9886
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, this seems like the simplest way to go but I am open to suggestions. I am not looking to rebuild my network or mess around with a bunch or router settings and 3rd party products.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No problem. Whether it is connected to ethernet or coax it should automatically clone your FiOS router's SSID and WPA2 password. 

If you don't use a Verizon router there is a SSID and password on the sticker. There is also login credentials if you want to change the default wifi info.